Enjoying the Outdoors During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The Pedro Point Headlands and many other open spaces in Pacifica are currently open. Spending time outside is a great way to stay healthy and take care of your mental health. In addition to adhering to regular rules and regulations regarding park and open space use, please make sure to:
- Avoid crowded areas, come back another time if parking is not available at a trailhead
- Maintain 6 feet of distance from others who are not part of your immediate household
- Wear a mask when unable to maintain six foot distance, in restrooms or other indoor public spaces
- Plan ahead as bathrooms, water fountains and other amenities may not be open/operating
COVID-19 Prevention Rules for All PLT Staff & Stewards:
Until further notice, these rules apply even if you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
1. Don’t come to the worksite if you feel ill or have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19
(even if you do not have symptoms), or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive. Follow the isolation
or quarantine advice of your doctor and county health department before returning to work. The San Mateo County
Health Department may be reached at 650-573-2222 or 1-800-675-8437 (Hotline for Older Adults).
2. Immediately notify the PLT Project Manager if, within 14 days after being at the worksite, you test positive for
COVID-19. (PLT Staff should notify the PLT Board President.) Within one business day, the PLT will notify all other
employees, staff, volunteers, and contractors who may have had exposure to the infected person at the worksite, but
shall keep the identity of the infected person confidential.
3. All participants in a PLT event shall be required to sign the PLT’s sign-in sheet upon arrival. They must provide
email and telephone contact information in case it is necessary to contact them for purposes of contact tracing.
4. Upon arrival, the PLT Project Manager or team leader will ask basic health questions of all participants to be sure
they are not experiencing symptoms of or tested positive for COVID-19. Anyone experiencing such symptoms will be
asked to leave.
5. CDC and state and county health guidelines must be followed. This includes frequently washing hands or using
hand sanitizers containing at least 60% alcohol; wearing face masks, social distancing, covering one’s face with a
tissue or elbow when coughing or sneezing, etc. Hands should be cleaned immediately after blowing your nose,
coughing or sneezing, after using the restroom, and before eating or preparing food. Avoid touching your face, nose
6. Have a face covering with you at all times. Wear your face covering if you cannot avoid being within 6 feet of
others. Stay at least 6 feet away from anyone not wearing a face covering. Try to stay at least 6 feet from others as
much as possible even if everyone is wearing a face covering. Anyone who refuses or fails to follow the social
distancing and masking rules will be asked to leave. This guidance assumes all work takes place outdoors. For more
information see: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx
7. The PLT Project Manager or event leader will have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on hand including face
masks, gloves, tissues and garbage bags. The PLT will supply PPE and hand sanitizers to those who need them. PPE
is not to be shared and shall be properly disposed of.
8. Clean shared surfaces with wipes or spray bottle with sanitizer + towel – eg. locks and handles on gates, shared
tools, etc. PLT will supply necessary materials including disinfectants. A list of acceptable disinfectants is here:
9. Do not share vehicles (eg. carpool to the work site) with anyone outside of your household unless all persons are
wearing masks or are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
10. Do not share cell phones or other devices with others who are not part of your household.